It’s been an interesting 24 hours – some exciting things have happened, and some things that are interesting, but not quite Facebook worthy. Let me know if you think this makes for an exciting Thursday.
1. I went outside and found this snake stuck in my vintage small bird coop.
And so, being the good snake sumaritan I am, cut my VINTAGE small bird coop. Now we have an understanding. Eat mice. Don’t bite me.
2. I saw a Purple Martin at the new bird house today. I’ve heard they can take years to attract – the house has been up for a month. P.S. They’re a lot bigger than I thought.
3. At midnight last night, Bob Evans caught a raccoon. There is no need to get into the details, but the final score stands at Bob Evans 1, Raccoon 0. Interestingly, if not slightly horrifying, the entire farm woke up for the affair. Even Ms. Piggie came out to see what all the noise was about. The llamas were all at the fence, enthralled.
4. I slept until 7:30 this morning. This is last day for weeks where we don’t have a guest in the house. And what did I do, woke up early and made myself breakfast. It’s a cycle, a vicious cycle, and I can’t seem to break it. Like having a glass of wine every night, or a donut when you’re at Kroger.
5. Finally, I’ve got a delicious secret. Something that Don knows nothing about…but will in time. It makes me giddy to have a secret as I’m HORRIBLE at keeping them. But this secret is strictly on a need-to-know basis, and he don’t need to know right now.
I hope you had a great day, are having a wonderful evening, and dealt with fewer wildlife than I did today.