With OVER 200 years of documented property history, Orchard House OF GRANVILLE has been home to local prominent members of the Granville community.
At the end of the Revolutionary War, regiments were awarded land in Licking County as an initiative to settle the area. Over 4,000 acres, including our current 12, were part of this original parcel. After passing thru many hands in the following 50 years, the land was sold to the Licking Land Company and the founders of Granville for more formal settlement and farming. The main manor, a classic, brick Italianate, was built in 1850 by Job Paige and his family. The property passed through more than fifteen different owners in the following one hundred years, which were highlighted by a series of foreclosures and near condemnings, the property was ultimately seized by the State of Ohio for back taxes. In the 1950s the state established it as the first licensed home for alcoholics - the John Daley Home. Saved from demolition in 1969, the house was restored as a family home. The former Granville Manor Bed and Breakfast operated on the site in the 1990s. We have honored some of the prominent figures of the property history by naming the rooms after them. If you would like the full story on them or to peruse the original property records, just ask!
Over the last decade the property has sold several times, now Orchard House continues as a bed and breakfast, offering an atmosphere nodding to its long history but with a modern twist.
We call this style cosmopolitan country.
- Wine & cheese hour served nightly near 5:30 - included as part of your stay.
- 24/7 complimentary coffee and tea, water, ice, soft drinks, snacks and baked goodies- Jill’s cookies and banana bread are amazing!
- Complementary Max & Lulu - locally made natural skin and hair care products - provided in dispensers to eliminate packaging waste of traditional hotel samples.
- Hair dryers, robes, extra blankets, irons and fans in each room.
- Free WiFi indoors and out.
- Indoor fire place, outdoor fire pits. Perfect for snuggling up!
- Romance, Picnic and Farm Experience Packages.
- Indoor and outdoor event spaces for weddings and other festive gatherings.
- Two separate TV rooms complete with Wii, DirecTV, Netflix, much more on demand.
- Alarm clocks in all rooms.
- Concierge services.
- Supportive of local business.
- Environmentally responsible (Our Green Mission).
- LGBTQ friendly.
- Pet and family friendly (See Policies).
- The innkeeper family lives in Carriage House behind the manor, providing guests with privacy.
- Ideal for groups, rent the whole B&B for a weekend in the country!