our green mission
We are Committed to sound
We have made several efforts to lessen our environmental impact:
• We support local businesses with a similar vision of lessening our environmental impact and using natural, pure and wholesome ingredients and supplies.
• Our free-range, all natural chickens produce the delicious eggs we serve.
• We use organic, naturally, local foods and products whenever possible.
• Our water treatment system uses natural purification processes to meet quality standards that do not require damaging chemicals.
• Paper products, laundry and cleaning supplies are all recycled, compostable, or natural products, purchased from our local Going Green supplier.
* We encourage you to use the offered glasses, mugs and reusable serviceware in place of disposables.
* In your bath we offer soap, shampoo and conditioner from a dispenser, versus prepackaged hotel samples. These all natural products are custom scented with essential oils. The small soap wedges on the sinks are all natural goat’s milk cleansing bars. All are produced locally by a mother /daughter team - Lulu and Max. Full bars are available for purchase in our Gift Corner of the Green Room.
• Of course each new visitor's room or suite is made up with clean bed linens, towels and robes, but for guests staying multiple nights, we will not change them unless requested. If anytime during your stay, you would like fresh towels or your linens, please let us know.
• We have programmable thermostats in the Manor and Carriage House.
• Our major appliances have been upgraded to exceed current
Energy Star requirements.
• We do not use harmful pesticides or chemicals on our grounds, gardens, or lawn. We use natural fertilizers on our gardens and only natural products in our orchard.
• We are a TripAdvisor Green Leader hotel.
We support local businesses with a similar vision of lessening our environmental impact and using natural, pure and
wholesome ingredients and supplies.
Orchard House eggs from our free range chickens. Fruits and vegetables in season. Flowers. Out of the back door!
Custom mugs from Granville artisans Markgraf Clayworks. 2 miles.*
Lulu and Max natural soaps*, shampoo, conditioner. Pickerington. 16 miles.
Coffee from One Line Coffee direct sourced and locally roasted. 2 miles.
All natural breads from Lucky Cat Bakery. Located across the street.
Three Oaks Vineyard wines* grown and vinted. Fredonia. 6 miles.
Black Radish Creamery cheeses and preserves. Granville. 2 miles.
Free range eggs, when our girls can’t keep up, Copia Farm. Alexandria 7 miles.
Anderson Farms free range, heritage breed hogs. Bacon, sausage, ham.
Granville. 2 miles.
Organic produce from Sunbeam Family Farm Alexandria. 4 miles. and
Birds Haven Farm Granville. 3 miles.
Hartzler Family Dairy butter. Wooster. 65 miles.
Eco friendly household supplies Going Green Services. Newark. 5 miles.
Milk, cream and yogurt from Snowville Creamery Pomeroy. 82 miles.
Latshaw Apiaries honey*. Alexandria. 4 miles.
Winding Trails maple syrup*. Granville. 5 miles.
Alfie’s Wholesome Foods restaurant and catering. Granville. 3 miles.
Snapshots Lounge restaurant and catering Granville. 2 miles.
* available for purchase from our Gift Corner in the Green Room.