We are Committed to sound
We have made several efforts to lessen our environmental impact:
• We support local businesses with a similar vision of lessening our environmental impact and using natural, pure and wholesome ingredients and supplies.
• Our free-range, all natural chickens produce the delicious eggs we serve.
• We use organic, naturally, local foods and products whenever possible.
• Our water treatment system uses natural purification processes to meet quality standards that do not require damaging chemicals.
• Paper products, laundry and cleaning supplies are all recycled, compostable, or natural products, purchased from our local Going Green supplier.
* We encourage you to use the offered glasses, mugs and reusable serviceware in place of disposables.
* In your bath we offer soap, shampoo and conditioner from a dispenser, versus prepackaged hotel samples. These all natural products are custom scented with essential oils. The small soap wedges on the sinks are all natural goat’s milk cleansing bars. All are produced locally by a mother /daughter team - Lulu and Max. Full bars are available for purchase in our Gift Corner of the Green Room.
• Of course each new visitor's room or suite is made up with clean bed linens, towels and robes, but for guests staying multiple nights, we will not change them unless requested. If anytime during your stay, you would like fresh towels or your linens, please let us know.
• We have programmable thermostats in the Manor and Carriage House.
• Our major appliances have been upgraded to exceed current
Energy Star requirements.
• We do not use harmful pesticides or chemicals on our grounds, gardens, or lawn. We use natural fertilizers on our gardens and only natural products in our orchard.
• We are a TripAdvisor Green Leader hotel.
We constantly strive to find the best quality ingredients sourced from the local farms and businesses. We are members of the Licking County LocAl Food Council 30 Mile Meal program and the Farm to Table initiative.
We use our own eggs from our vegetarian fed, free range chickens. Apples, cherries, blueberries, peaches, and vegetables in season.
Out the back door
One Line Coffee
Orchard House is proud to be the exclusive B&B partner serving these ethically sourced and locally roasted beans.
River Road Coffee House, Granville – 3 miles
Lucky Cat Bakery
Delicious, hearty breads with healthy, natural ingredients.
Across The Street!
Sunbeam Family Farm
Year Round Certified Organic Produce, honey, and eggs
Alexandria - 6 miles
Pasture raised, heritage breed pigs that forage and supplemented only farm raised fruits, nuts and non GMO grains.
Johnstown – 12 miles
Loudon Crest Farm
Warner & Sons have been making maple syrup since 1877. Pure and simple goodness.
Granville – 5 miles
Natural honey Alexandria - 7 miles
All natural and custom mixed
Alexandria - 3 miles
Three Oaks Vineyard
Locally grown and Ohio sourced grapes, vinted at their farm
Fredonia - 12 miles
Natural milk the way it used to be. Milk, cream, and yogurt.
Pomeroy – 93 miles
Ohio Farm Direct
100% grass fed cheeses. Either with our wine and cheese hour or in your breakfast.
Fredericktown – 37 miles