December 9, 2010
- We have a new fence. It’s much larger then the last, and allows us to open the carriage house door and let the dogs run free (in the fenced area, of course).
- The ______ (yet to be named) room has been painted a beautiful shade of “Zen.” For those of you who may be confused about that name, it’s a blue-ish green and looks fabulous!
- Today…this very day…puppy pulled a book about llama care off of the dining room table and peed on it.
- We are off to look at some llamas on Sunday. They may be the newest members of the Orchard House menagerie. Stay tuned as I don’t want to get anyone’s hopes up. We must meet them first. Two boys. Geldings. I’m thinking of Gilbert and Sullivan or Stephen and Sondheim for names. Any suggestions?
- Construction continues to run smoothly. We have passed a heating inspection and all is on track for a carriage house entry before the end of the year.
- Houseboy (a.k.a. Jimmy Brennan) came for a visit. He helped strip the wallpaper in a bathroom. He may be coming back, he may not be. How do you catch a cloud and pin it down?
An exciting week I know. Don’t you wish your week was hot like mine?! And this weekend? Well, we are seeing the llamas as I said earlier. Donnie has his choir presentation at Denison University. I am finally going to eat at a Steak and Shake (I have coupons!). And, I may, just maybe, buy a mattress. Woo-hoo!