April 26, 2011
Today was a busy day! Like I was Donald Trump working the tea party in Des Moines. I’m tired. And wearing wet clothes trampled on by a sweet lamb. But not tired enough to write something special…and watch the finale of RuPaul’s Drag Race. So the day went something like this…and mind you Donnie is in Denver. Lucky bastard.
- I woke up to a call from the Orchard House lawyer. Do not fear, all is well.
- A call from our wonderful guests asking if they could come over around 9:30 to rest in their room. No problem. Feets don’t fail me now!
- Feed the animals.
- Clean the rabbit cages.
- Oh, Donnie’s brother Dan has arrived to help me with the tractor. Change some oil, inflate a tire, and replace a filter. I’m not a car man. Maybe one day I’ll be one. Today I got one step closer. While wiping oil from an inquisitive lambs face.
- Grocery shopping. For both home and bed and breakfast.
- Lunch. 2:30 p.m.
- Need a new baked good. Fail proof cookies. Always delicious. Today was no different.
- Feed animals 2.0. Both farm and house animals need to eats their afternoon meal. Two piece and biscuit ASAP!
- Back to the cookies…they were cooling…and then sweep the house. It’s muddy out! Turn down the rooms. Make sure all is well with Orchard House.
- Dinner. 7:30 p.m.
- Jelly making. Violet jelly. The picture above is the raw material. Picked from the fields of Orchard House. It’s a labor of love…like harvesting saffron. Ugh.
- Lock the animals inside for the night. The ducks are getting better at finding their home at night…as I chase them with a rake. The secret? Leave a flashlight shining on the opening to their home. If you light it, they will come.
- Back to the jelly. The jars need attending.
- RuPaul’s Drag Race. 10:00 p.m. Go Manilla. Although I like Raja too. Please not Alexis. Something tells me it’s going to be Alexis.
Still to do:
- Give the rabbits some hay for the night. Everyone have water?
- Close up Orchard House for the night. Lights out!
- Get the dogs to pee.
- Brush my teeth.
- To bed. I need my beauty sleep. And there’s a new breakfast recipe to be tried tomorrow morning. Fear not, it’ll be delicious. Would you expect anything less?