Situated on 12 beautiful acres of farmland just outside the historic and picturesque Village of Granville, Orchard House Bed and Breakfast blends timeless farm style with the modern comforts of today. Our decor features a mix of contemporary furnishings and artwork, as well as antiques from around the world - we call it Cosmopolitan Country. Our wholesome, gourmet, locally sourced breakfasts include ingredients from our farm and gardens and highlight products from our partner central Ohio businesses. Whether you decide to walk the grounds, collecting chicken eggs, picking flowers, helping in the garden, or to explore the local village or countryside, Orchard House is prepared to make your stay as relaxing as possible.
With OVER 200 years of documented property history, Orchard House Bed and Breakfast has been home to local prominent members of the Granville community.
At the end of the Revolutionary War, regiments were awarded land in Licking County as an initiative to settle the area. Over 4,000 acres, including our current 12, were part of this original parcel. After passing thru many hands in the following 50 years, the land was sold to the Licking Land Company and the founders of Granville for more formal settlement and farming. The main manor, a classic, brick Italianate, was built in 1850 by Job Paige and his family. The property passed through more than fifteen different owners in the following one hundred years, which were highlighted by a series of foreclosures and near condemnings, the property was ultimately seized by the State of Ohio for back taxes. In the 1950s the state established it as the first licensed home for alcoholics - the John Daley Home. Saved from demolition in 1969, the house was restored as a family home. The former Granville Manor Bed and Breakfast operated on the site in the 1990s. We have honored some of the prominent figures of the property history by naming the rooms after them. If you would like the full story on them or to peruse the original property records, just ask!
Over the last decade the property has sold several times, now Orchard House continues as a bed and breakfast, offering an atmosphere nodding to its long history but with a modern twist.
We call this style contemporary country.
We are Committed to sound
We have made several efforts to lessen our environmental impact:
• We support local businesses with a similar vision of lessening our environmental impact and using natural, pure and wholesome ingredients and supplies.
• Our free-range, all natural chickens produce the delicious eggs we serve.
• We use organic, naturally, local foods and products whenever possible.
• Our water treatment system uses natural purification processes to meet quality standards that do not require damaging chemicals.
• Paper products, laundry and cleaning supplies are all recycled, compostable, or natural products, purchased from our local Going Green supplier.
* We encourage you to use the offered glasses, mugs and reusable serviceware in place of disposables.
* In your bath we offer soap, shampoo and conditioner from a dispenser, versus prepackaged hotel samples. These all natural products are custom scented with essential oils. The small soap wedges on the sinks are all natural goat’s milk cleansing bars. All are produced locally by a mother /daughter team - Lulu and Max. Full bars are available for purchase in our Gift Corner of the Green Room.
• We will not change the bed linens, towels, or robes in a guest room unless requested. However, if you would like fresh towels or your linens changed, please let us know.
• We have programmable thermostats in the Manor and Carriage House.
• Our major appliances have been upgraded to exceed current
Energy Star requirements.
• We do not use harmful pesticides or chemicals on our grounds, gardens, or lawn. We use natural fertilizers on our gardens and only natural products in our orchard.
• We are a TripAdvisor Green Leader hotel.