LOVE LIVES HERE
Thirty-five minutes from downtown Columbus, Ohio on 12 acres outside the Granville and minutes from Newark, Pataskala, Buckeye Lake, and New Albany, Orchard House of Granville is an artistic boutique inn - blending contemporary furnishings and artwork, with antiques. Every overnight stay includes, our regionally acclaimed, gourmet, locally sourced breakfasts. Try out GLAMPING - glamorous camping - out by the pine forest. Explore Licking County, visit the Newark Earthworks, get a massage, hop over to Easton for shopping, enjoy a glass at our daily wine tasting, snuggle up by the bonfire.
At the end of the Revolutionary War, regiments were awarded land in Licking County as an initiative to settle the area. Over 4,000 acres, including our current 12, were part of this original parcel. After passing thru many hands in the following 50 years, the land was sold to the Licking Land Company and the founders of Granville for more formal settlement and farming. The main manor, a classic, brick Italianate, was built in 1850 by Job Paige and his family. The property passed through more than fifteen different owners in the following one hundred years, which were highlighted by a series of foreclosures and near condemnings, the property was ultimately seized by the State of Ohio for back taxes. In the 1950s the state established it as the first licensed home for alcoholics - the John Daley Home. Saved from demolition in 1969, the house was restored as a family home. The former Granville Manor Bed and Breakfast operated on the site in the 1990s. We have honored some of the prominent figures of the property history by naming the rooms after them. If you would like the full story on them or to peruse the original property records, just ask!
Over the last decade the property has sold several times, now Orchard House continues as a bed and breakfast, offering an atmosphere nodding to its long history but with a modern twist.
We have made several efforts to lessen our environmental impact:
• We support local businesses with a similar vision of lessening our environmental impact and using natural, pure and wholesome ingredients and supplies.
• Our free-range, all natural chickens produce the delicious eggs we serve.
• We use organic, naturally, local foods and products whenever possible.
• Our water treatment system uses natural purification processes to meet quality standards that do not require damaging chemicals.
• Paper products, laundry and cleaning supplies are all recycled, compostable, or natural products, purchased from our local Going Green supplier.
* We encourage you to use the offered glasses, mugs and reusable serviceware in place of disposables.
* In your bath we offer soap, shampoo and conditioner from a dispenser, versus prepackaged hotel samples. These all natural products are custom scented with essential oils. The small soap wedges on the sinks are all natural goat’s milk cleansing bars. All are produced locally by a mother /daughter team - Lulu and Max. Full bars are available for purchase in our Gift Corner of the Green Room.
• Of course each new visitor's room or suite is made up with clean bed linens, towels and robes, but for guests staying multiple nights, we will not change them unless requested. If anytime during your stay, you would like fresh towels or your linens, please let us know.
• We have programmable thermostats in the Manor and Carriage House.
• Our major appliances have been upgraded to exceed current
Energy Star requirements.
• We do not use harmful pesticides or chemicals on our grounds, gardens, or lawn. We use natural fertilizers on our gardens and only natural products in our orchard.
• We are a TripAdvisor Green Leader hotel.
Orchard House eggs from our free range chickens. Fruits and vegetables in season. Flowers. Out of the back door!
Custom mugs from Granville artisans Markgraf Clayworks. 2 miles.*
Lulu and Max natural soaps*, shampoo, conditioner. Pickerington. 16 miles.
Coffee from One Line Coffee direct sourced and locally roasted. 2 miles.
All natural breads from Lucky Cat Bakery. Located across the street.
Three Oaks Vineyard wines* grown and vinted. Fredonia. 6 miles.
Black Radish Creamery cheeses and preserves. Granville. 2 miles.
Free range eggs, when our girls can’t keep up, Copia Farm. Alexandria 7 miles.
Anderson Farms free range, heritage breed hogs. Bacon, sausage, ham.
Granville. 2 miles.
Organic produce from Sunbeam Family Farm Alexandria. 4 miles. and
Birds Haven Farm Granville. 3 miles.
Hartzler Family Dairy butter. Wooster. 65 miles.
Eco friendly household supplies Going Green Services. Newark. 5 miles.
Milk, cream and yogurt from Snowville Creamery Pomeroy. 82 miles.
Latshaw Apiaries honey*. Alexandria. 4 miles.
Winding Trails maple syrup*. Granville. 5 miles.
Alfie’s Wholesome Foods restaurant and catering. Granville. 3 miles.
Snapshots Lounge restaurant and catering Granville. 2 miles.
* available for purchase from our Gift Corner in the Green Room.
The Job Paige Suite has a luxurious king size bed, fireplace, reading and writing nook. Your bath is ensuite. Enjoy the private second floor patio nested under the trees, overlooking the courtyard. Full, hot, gourmet breakfast included, of course!
The Carriage House is our newest suite - entire via the french doors right off the courtyard. The bedroom of this two room suite features a king size bed and electronic fireplace. In the sitting room enjoy a deep sofa that pulls out to a queen bed .The ensuite bath has a walk in multi-head spa shower. The suite has a light equestrian feel that reflects the former carriage house's use, this suite features stone and wood styling blended with modern furnishings. Full, hot, gourmet breakfast included, of course!
The natural light in the room accents the beauty of the furnishings including an elegant king-sized canopy bed. This room also features an en suite bathroom with a shower and double sinks. Full, hot, gourmet breakfast included, of course!
The spacious room features unique, vibrant styling with a queen bed, seating area and writing desk. The detached, private bath is a few steps down the hall with a full bathtub/shower. Full, hot, gourmet breakfast included, of course!
Reserve the entire house for your family reunion, business retreat, graduation, Denison event weekend. With a whole-house rental, we can accommodate up to 18 guests. Family-style breakfasts of the same high quality are served to you each morning! Call Dean to discuss special available arrangements.
Camping without the hassle. Regular queen bed with down comforter, private half-bath in the main manor, secluded outdoor passive solar shower. Access to all the amenities offered to main manor guests. Add on a massage, tent-side refreshments and a bonfire at the end of the day to fully relax. Full, hot, gourmet breakfast included, of course!Available mid-April to November 2018.